Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Surround Display....

Surround Display....

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Weren't we talking recently about the expanded view monitor concept? I found these pictures on my comptuter - this is the 3-D perspective that was discussed:

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Wouldn't that display suffer from serious distortion issues?

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

If you think about it, your eyeball is round too. In fact, the world is round. However, in a round-about way, distortion would be a problem for me. I think you need more depth to the images, like Windows Vista will have, before this looks like something to try at home.

It would be cool to try this while gaming COD2 though...

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Yeah, your eye is round, but it's genetically designed to be round and function as a round object. That doesn't mean a convex display will work properly. LCD's aren't round, ya know? They're designed to project light in one direction onto a flat surface.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Oh, you're so one-dimensional. It's time to think outside the box, like your Bawls machine....

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

I always think outside the box, unless it's inside the box in which case I take it out and think it over.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Hey, you weren't gaming a few minutes ago. I've had enough now, but I was on the A41gaming server. I'm worn out from riding my bike all day. My buddy and I left at 0830 (31F), rode two hours south to Orange VA, spent some time there at Waugh Harley-Davidson, then we rode back up 15 and into Warrenton. I got home around 1630 (40F). It was a very cold ride today!

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Well whose fault was that little mister? <Smirk>

Don't you have heated seats on that 2 wheeled luxury liner?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

No but u have Heat pads that warm thy ass

Cool onitor, seems quite stupid though, why not just make holograms before them!

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

All I had were some battery-heated gloves (D-cell for each glove). Don't laugh, they do help. The fingers still get pretty cold. For the rest of my body, I rely on thermal underwear, two pairs of socks, a sweater, and all this is underneath boots, chaps, and a leather jacket. I picked up a neck warmer and the 2nd pair of socks at the Harley dealer. I wish I had those for the ride down there.