Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Anybody tried Acronis and transferring a win XP/NT HDD to anothermachine?

Anybody tried Acronis and transferring a win XP/NT HDD to anothermachine?

q_q_anonymous@yahoo.co.uk

somebody wrote
"
I have transferred an OS installation to a different machine loads of
times using Acronis TrueImage Workstation with Universal Restore. It
resets the HAL when you copy the image across, and I think it's a
great tool.
"

Has anybody here tried that.. and are there any alternative ways?

sandy58

On Dec 18, 12:27 am, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> somebody wrote
> "
> I have transferred an OS installation to a different machine loads of
> times using Acronis TrueImage Workstation with Universal Restore. It
> resets the HAL when you copy the image across, and I think it's a
> great tool.
> "
>
> Has anybody here tried that.. and are there any alternative ways?

It works with Acronis True Image v9.1.3887. I wouldn't know anything
about Acronis TrueImage Workstation with Universal Restore. Sorry. But
there are "alternative ways".