Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > click click click

click click click

Andy Morrison

My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
working) & how can I cure it.

Andy.

Evan Platt

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:25:45 -0000, "Andy Morrison"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
>annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
>working) & how can I cure it.

Does it sound like the clicking is coming from the hard drive or
something / somewhere else?

Can you still use the computer when it does this?

Rgr

Andy Morrison wrote:
> My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
> annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
> working) & how can I cure it.

Frequently a hard drive going tits up does that.

Lookout

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:52:18 -0500, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Andy Morrison wrote:
>> My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
>> annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
>> working) & how can I cure it.

>Frequently a hard drive going tits up does that.

tango uniform...only the old military guys know that one...usually
como.

Evan Platt

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:36:11 -0600, Lookout <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>tango uniform...only the old military guys know that one...usually
>como.

Somehow a billing call came to me (people will manage to hit random
extension numbers..) I ask the guy for his username, and I'm used to
the oddball usernames, and then these people using their own phonetic
alphabet.. "Uhh that's B as in .. umm... bingo.. F as in .... Fame"
(heck, it's almost harder to understand their phonetics - side note,
I'd try to clue them in, like "Is that F as in Foxtrot or S as in
Sierra?" and they'll say "Fame" again , and I still can't understand
if they said Fame or Same.) So.. this guy tells me his username, then
"Phonetically - " and spells it out using military phonetics. After he
finishes, I'm like "Spend some time in the military?" and he laughs
and sarcastically says "How'd you know?"

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Andy Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
>annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
>working) & how can I cure it.

Kinda like this: http://tinyurl.com/d4nnw pry not as bad, but it will
progress to that and your drive will be unusable.

Other noises (that was 3) http://tinyurl.com/34y47

--
Vista DRM Explained
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=390286&cid=21713610

Desk Rabbit

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:36:11 -0600, Lookout <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> tango uniform...only the old military guys know that one...usually
>> como.

> Somehow a billing call came to me (people will manage to hit random
> extension numbers..) I ask the guy for his username, and I'm used to
> the oddball usernames, and then these people using their own phonetic
> alphabet.. "Uhh that's B as in .. umm... bingo.. F as in .... Fame"
> (heck, it's almost harder to understand their phonetics - side note,
> I'd try to clue them in, like "Is that F as in Foxtrot or S as in
> Sierra?" and they'll say "Fame" again , and I still can't understand
> if they said Fame or Same.) So.. this guy tells me his username, then
> "Phonetically - " and spells it out using military phonetics. After he
> finishes, I'm like "Spend some time in the military?" and he laughs
> and sarcastically says "How'd you know?"

My favourite:

'N' for gnome

As seen in

http://www.absolutelyandy.com/absolu...s/index_rm.htm

Calum Gilhooley - Booking a flight to New York.

Plato

Andy Morrison wrote:

> My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
> annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
> working) & how can I cure it.

Sounds like a hard drive going bad.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/