Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Explorer 6 errors

Explorer 6 errors

Budgie

Recently, opening Internet Explorer 6 has become a hit-and-miss operation,
with many "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"
messages - even when opening Hotmail. If the requested error report is sent
to Microsoft, that's it - no further message from them to suggest a remedy.

I run XP SP2 and Explorer 6 and install most of the 'automatic updates' that
come along. Is it one of these causing the problem? Would installing
Explorer 7 solve the problem?

Apologies if this question has already been dealt with - I wasn't subscribed
to the newsgroup then!

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

sandy58

On Dec 17, 8:22 pm, "Budgie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Recently, opening Internet Explorer 6 has become a hit-and-miss operation,
> with many "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"
> messages - even when opening Hotmail. If the requested error report is sent
> to Microsoft, that's it - no further message from them to suggest a remedy.
>
> I run XP SP2 and Explorer 6 and install most of the 'automatic updates' that
> come along. Is it one of these causing the problem? Would installing
> Explorer 7 solve the problem?
>
> Apologies if this question has already been dealt with - I wasn't subscribed
> to the newsgroup then!
>
> --
> Budgie
> NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Type "Explorer 6" into the search box (above/right) and you'll get
bored with the number of hits for it.

k35454

"Budgie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aUA9j.165$(E-Mail Removed)...
Recently, opening Internet Explorer 6 has become a hit-and-miss operation,
with many "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"
messages - even when opening Hotmail. If the requested error report is sent
to Microsoft, that's it - no further message from them to suggest a remedy.

I run XP SP2 and Explorer 6 and install most of the 'automatic updates' that
come along. Is it one of these causing the problem? Would installing
Explorer 7 solve the problem?

Apologies if this question has already been dealt with - I wasn't subscribed
to the newsgroup then!

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Does your IE6 have a "repair" function (available
from System Information Or Add/Remove Programs>Delete ? k35454.

Budgie

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Type "Explorer 6" into the search box (above/right) and you'll get
> bored with the number of hits for it.

I don't seem to have a search box! Using Outlook Express 6.