Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > RE: Flow control to through Switch

RE: Flow control to through Switch

David Wood

I'm trying to clarify flow control through switches: achieved by
- flow control achieved through the NIC driver
- flow control using collision signal on a non full-duplex link

Am I right in thinking that our old (for e.g.) NT servers might not be able
to flow control if set to FULL DUPLEX on the NIC since the driver itself
probably doesn't support any flow control (too old?)
If this were the case the server would easily get into an overloaded state

Comments appreciated