Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Mandriva Linux 2008

Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Mandriva Linux 2008

Keith Lee

All:
I am having problems downloading or viewing PDF files using Firefox 2.0.0.6 with Mandriva Linux 2008. No
matter how I have reset Firefox or the KDE desktop to show that I want the PDF files either downloaded or
viewed with kpdf, the popup window appears asking if I want to view the selected PDF file with Cinepaint or do I
want to download it? Any help on this matter?

Keith

Bit Twister

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:10:26 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:
> All:

You may want to look around in pan or your editor and set line wrap to
something between 65 and 70. Some subject matter experts may choose
not to respond if they have to reformat your post.

> I am having problems downloading or viewing PDF files using Firefox
> 2.0.0.6 with Mandriva Linux 2008.

First thing I would suggest is go to http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ pick
your main, contrib, updates, non-free mirrors. CLick the Proceed to
Step 2, 3, click up a terminal,
su - root
and cut from browser, and paste in terminal. Then do a

urpmi --wget --auto-select --auto
to get all your updates.

That should bring you up to date with
mozilla-firefox Version: 2.0.0.11-1.1mdv2008.0 and several other fixes.

exit will close the root session
exit will close the terminal.

Wes Newell

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:10:26 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:

> I am having problems downloading or viewing PDF files using Firefox
> 2.0.0.6 with Mandriva Linux 2008. No
> matter how I have reset Firefox or the KDE desktop to show that I want
> the PDF files either downloaded or viewed with kpdf, the popup window
> appears asking if I want to view the selected PDF file with Cinepaint or
> do I want to download it? Any help on this matter?

When the popup pops up, use the pulldown to select another app to use. If
the one you want isn't there, just type it in iirc. I use acroread. But I
had to install it first. As far as I can remember, this has always been
like this.