Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Not a specific ASP.Net question but what the heck.

Not a specific ASP.Net question but what the heck.

Mufasa

Is there an easy way to see what pages are accessed on a web site? I would
assume I would have to go through the IIS logs. I can't do it through my app
because there are 'rogue' pages out that that we put out that aren't part of
my product. And I'm about to change the name of our sub-domain and want to
make sure I don't screw myself in the process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff.

Mark Rae [MVP]

"Mufasa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ofu$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are any number of products which will do this - WebTrends is one of
the most popular...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

John Timney \(MVP\)

yes, look at the logs, assuming they are enabled.

Free tools like AWStats make it an easier task.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"Mufasa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ofu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an easy way to see what pages are accessed on a web site? I would
> assume I would have to go through the IIS logs. I can't do it through my
> app because there are 'rogue' pages out that that we put out that aren't
> part of my product. And I'm about to change the name of our sub-domain and
> want to make sure I don't screw myself in the process.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jeff.

Mark Rae [MVP]

"John Timney (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Free tools like AWStats make it an easier task.

I've heard good things about this product - have you used it...?

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

John Timney \(MVP\)

I have, not for a while though. You need PERL installing , but other than
that its a breeze and has an amazing variety of results from the logs.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "John Timney (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Free tools like AWStats make it an easier task.

> I've heard good things about this product - have you used it...?
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Probably the very easiest way is to get a free Google Analytics account and
install the little javscript widget in your Master Pages (or every page if
you don't use Masters).
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

"Mufasa" wrote:

> Is there an easy way to see what pages are accessed on a web site? I would
> assume I would have to go through the IIS logs. I can't do it through my app
> because there are 'rogue' pages out that that we put out that aren't part of
> my product. And I'm about to change the name of our sub-domain and want to
> make sure I don't screw myself in the process.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jeff.

Mufasa

The problem with that is that I'm looking so see about pages that are not
part of my project (don't ask!)

J.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...