Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Expression prefix 'Resources' was not recognized by designer

Expression prefix 'Resources' was not recognized by designer

martijnkaag

Hi,

In our webapplications we work with global resource files wich are
referenced as:

<asp:Literal ID="litWaiting" runat="server"
Text="<%$Resources:WebContent,ProgressCertificateH eader%>"></asp:Literal>

This works fine in all projects, except one. In this project we get the
compiler warning and generating the designer file failes:

Warning: Generation of designer file failed: The expression prefix
'Resources' was not recognized. Please correct the prefix or register the
prefix in the <expressionBuilders> section of configuration.

Compiling and running the application is no problem; even the designer
interface shows the content of our resources, which tells us that they are
referenced correctly. The only thing that fails is (automatically) generating
the designer file.

It used to work (last thursday) in the same project. The issue (which I
suspect to be a bug in VS2005) is similar to
http://forums.asp.net/p/1079437/1593198.aspx#1593198.

We now manually edit the designer file as a workaround. A suggestion for a
fix would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Martijn Kaag

ps I just noticed that my MSND licence has expired; it is in the process of
renewal at dell.

Alma del Campo

Try this: