Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Wireless Connection Problem

Wireless Connection Problem

jacksam jacksam is offline
Junior Member

hi,
this is my first posting here, my problem is that i have beeing trying to connect wirelessly to the internet and failed.
My desktop is wired to the router but i cannot connect wirelessly to my laptop. i havent got a clue what to do if some one does please help.
the router that i am using is netgear DG834G. im using windows xp and my internet service provider is aol. when i try repairing the wireless connection i get an error saying: Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot completed: Connecting to the wireless network.

kinhell kinhell is offline
Junior Member

Have you switched on wireless on your laptop? Some of them have an actual switch and some you press FN and F2 together. You should have a light on which shows wireless is switched on.

jacksam jacksam is offline
Junior Member

yes i have turn the button on