Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP Pro auto restarts on shutdown

XP Pro auto restarts on shutdown

Hockleyman

Recently purchased a new desk top, with XP Pro... machine auto restarts a few
seconds after I shut it down. I have unchecked the automatically restart in
start and recovery section of advanced system settings, but no change. Any
ideas please.

R. C. White

Hi, Hockleyman.

This question used to come up a lot in the XP newsgroups (not necessarily
64-bit; you DO realize that you've posted into a newsgroup dedicated to
64-bit Windows, right?), but I haven't seen it in a while. Try this website
for lots of ideas and possible solutions:

WINDOWS XP SHUTDOWN & RESTART TROUBLESHOOTING
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA