Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Remote desktop connection failure

Remote desktop connection failure

SlicerKing

every time i try to run the remote desktop connection i get a error message
that states

You cannot initiate a Remote Desktop Connection because the Windows logon
software on the remote computer has been replaced by incompatible software
MrvGINA.dll

To correct this problem, please have the administrator of the remote
computer contact the program vendor for a version that is compatible with
Windows

I have no clue what that means all i know is that file is in my system32
folder so i dont want to mess with it does anyone have any clue how to fix
this problem or how to download the file thats supposed to be there?

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

SlicerKing <(E-Mail Removed)>'s wild
thoughts were released on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:20:00 -0800
bearing the following fruit:

>every time i try to run the remote desktop connection i get a error message
>that states
>
>You cannot initiate a Remote Desktop Connection because the Windows logon
>software on the remote computer has been replaced by incompatible software
>MrvGINA.dll
>
>To correct this problem, please have the administrator of the remote
>computer contact the program vendor for a version that is compatible with
>Windows
>

>I have no clue what that means all i know is that file is in my system32
>folder so i dont want to mess with it does anyone have any clue how to fix
>this problem or how to download the file thats supposed to be there?

Firstly this question doesn't appear to have anything to do
with dotnet and hence you should find a group that deals
with the topic of your question.

Secondly, the error message seems to state that the problem
is with the remote computer and not yours.

--
Jan Hyde

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Jan.Hyde

Rhonda

Did you find a answer? I am also having the same problem. Also can't Network

"SlicerKing" wrote:

> every time i try to run the remote desktop connection i get a error message
> that states
>
> You cannot initiate a Remote Desktop Connection because the Windows logon
> software on the remote computer has been replaced by incompatible software
> MrvGINA.dll
>
> To correct this problem, please have the administrator of the remote
> computer contact the program vendor for a version that is compatible with
> Windows
>

> I have no clue what that means all i know is that file is in my system32
> folder so i dont want to mess with it does anyone have any clue how to fix
> this problem or how to download the file thats supposed to be there?

Teresita Núñez - SorCereSs -

Hi!
I found in a forum that the MrvGINA.dll is an update problem of a Netgear
card and it supposed to fix the problem by uninstalling the driver.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88820

Hope this helps!

--

SorCereSs
MCTS: NET Framework 2.0 - Web-Based Client Development