Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ exception handling

C++ exception handling

Jorgen Grahn

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:16:30 +0200, Nikos Hatzigiannakis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am trying to understand how to use an exception handler to heal from a
> given exception, and not just display a message!

> Since an exception is raised the control of the program is transferred to
> the proper catch clause. What can we do after displaying a message to
> continue the normal operation of the program?

The same things as if you passed an error code back instead of
throwing an exception.

The main difference is, I guess, if you use exceptions you can design
your code to handle cleanup automatically, as the exception floats up
the call chain towards the catch clause.

/Jorgen

\X/ snipabacken.dyndns.org> R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!