Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE 6.0 prob. since last update

IE 6.0 prob. since last update

MZB

Ever since I did my last Windoze update, when using IE 6.0 every so often it
says:

IE has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I request send error report but don't get any.

This happens at 1 site more than others but it still happens at other sites.
It does this about once every 20 times.

Any ideas?

Mel

Evan Platt

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 22:31:22 -0500, "MZB" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Ever since I did my last Windoze update, when using IE 6.0 every so often it
>says:

And this update was... a week ago? A month ago? a year ago?

>IE has encountered a problem and needs to close.
>
>I request send error report but don't get any.

Don't get any what?

>This happens at 1 site more than others but it still happens at other sites.
>It does this about once every 20 times.

And that mystery site is...?

>Any ideas?

Not without more information.

Geoff Pearson

"MZB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c_09j.72$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ever since I did my last Windoze update, when using IE 6.0 every so often
> it says:
>
> IE has encountered a problem and needs to close.
>
> I request send error report but don't get any.
>
> This happens at 1 site more than others but it still happens at other
> sites. It does this about once every 20 times.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Mel

I'm getting this too. IE6 wants to close immediately I open it from an OE6
link - but will stay open if opened directly. XP.

The Rifleman

If you stay ready, you dont have to get ready.
"Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "MZB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c_09j.72$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ever since I did my last Windoze update, when using IE 6.0 every so often
>> it says:
>>
>> IE has encountered a problem and needs to close.
>>
>> I request send error report but don't get any.
>>
>> This happens at 1 site more than others but it still happens at other
>> sites. It does this about once every 20 times.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Mel
>>

> I'm getting this too. IE6 wants to close immediately I open it from an
> OE6 link - but will stay open if opened directly. XP.

Me to, IE 6 keeps closing because of a fault and OE 6 keep telling me its
out of disc space and closes???

Evan Platt

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:14:00 -0000, "The Rifleman"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Your Usenet client is way misconfigured.

Your sig is on the top, your reply is on the bottom.. WTF.