Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Program to convert text to html format

Program to convert text to html format

Cristian

Is there a program that can convert text to html format?

For example, how to convert something like this: "Ths is a tst" to
"Thís is a tèst" when we have a 1000 word document?

I've searched for this, but the best I've found is one that ads tags
around the text I write.
Like:
From:
This is a paragraph
To:

I hope you guys can help me.
Bye

Ben C

On 2007-12-15, Cristian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is there a program that can convert text to html format?
>
> For example, how to convert something like this: "Ths is a tst" to
> "Thís is a tèst" when we have a 1000 word document?

Don't bother.

How is your source text encoded? Perhaps UTF-8, perhaps ISO-8859-1, I
don't know. Whichever it is, you can just put that straight in the web
page as it is, and make sure the server is set up to deliver:

or whatever the charset is.

If for some reason you really do need to convert everything to those &#
things, the program to do it is only a few lines long so I guess just
ask any programmer to write it quickly for you.

Michael Fesser

..oO(Cristian)

>Is there a program that can convert text to html format?
>
>For example, how to convert something like this: "Ths is a tst" to
>"Thís is a tèst" when we have a 1000 word document?

What's wrong with "Ths is a tst"? This works perfectly in HTML, all it
needs is a proper encoding, preferably UTF-8. There's absolutely no need
to use character references anymore except for the few chars that have a
special meaning in HTML.

Micha