Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Network Connection

Wireless Network Connection

mauibill

I've reinstalled XP on a Dell inspiron 9100. When I go to control panel,
network connections there is no Wireless Connection option available.
Question how and where to get it.
Tks
--
Bill

Lem

mauibill wrote:
> I've reinstalled XP on a Dell inspiron 9100. When I go to control panel,
> network connections there is no Wireless Connection option available.
> Question how and where to get it.
> Tks

Install the drivers from the Dell driver CD or d/l from the Dell
website. You could probably stand to install the video/graphics, sound,
Ethernet, and the rest of the drivers as well.

http://support.dell.com/support/down...&os=WW1&osl=EN

--
Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

Ken Triebold

I had that same problem on my computer at one time. It seemed to resolve
itself after installing all of the critical windows updates. It may have
been part of SP2. Do you have SP2?

"mauibill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've reinstalled XP on a Dell inspiron 9100. When I go to control panel,
> network connections there is no Wireless Connection option available.
> Question how and where to get it.
> Tks
> --
> Bill

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Look at the Device Manager if there is No Network Card, or and Ghosts
you need to further install driver as suggested by Lem.
Otherwise.
http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless,html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ken Triebold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I had that same problem on my computer at one time. It seemed to resolve
>itself after installing all of the critical windows updates. It may have
>been part of SP2. Do you have SP2?
>

> "mauibill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've reinstalled XP on a Dell inspiron 9100. When I go to control panel,
>> network connections there is no Wireless Connection option available.
>> Question how and where to get it.
>> Tks
>> --
>> Bill

mauibill

Thanks,
I'm going to have to figure another way to get to the Internet so I can
download the latest upddates.
--
Bill