Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Develop J2EE applications with IDEA

Develop J2EE applications with IDEA

Godofredo

Hi, folks!
Please forgive any misspelling, or grammar mistakes, English is not my
mother tongue.

I'm somehow a rookie in Java; I started using Java last February. When
the time came, I chose JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA as IDE. Everything was
fine, till I went to develop J2EE applications. Then, I have a few
questions:
1. Has IDEA any way to mimic what NetBeans does, where you can develop
the entire J2EE application and deploy it, and so on, with a few
clicks?
2. Where can I get a DETAILED step by step tutorial in how to develop
J2EE apps using IDEA? I mean DETAILED because IDEA help is "step by
step", but nothing works exactly as they say.

As to now, I'm using IDEA 6.0, SDK 6, J2EE SDK 4 & 5 (Sun Application
Server 8.1 & 9.1), and I have to code in Idea and deploy the
application "outside".

Please, be kind and lend a hand here. I'm tired of my fellows
programmers mocking at my decision of IDEA and making wisecracks about
switching to NetBeans.

Best wishes

Alex G.