Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > HTTPS GET request.

HTTPS GET request.

Jon

Hi,

I'm testing an application that sends an HTTPS GET request in the form
of:

https://localhost/cgi-bin/parse_eas.cgi?vers=2+"&msg=This+is+a+simple+%26+sh ort+test.

I need to get a hold of that entire request for comparison /
verification purposes.

The closet thing I found is Sebastien Martini's Simple HTTP server
supporting SSL recipe (http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/
Python/Recipe/442473).

In this recipe Sebastien created a SecureHTTPRequestHandler by
extending the SimpleHTTPRequestHandler class.

The SimpleHTTPRequestHandler extends the BaseHTTPRequestHandler that
references an internal instance "request" variable.

If getting access to that request variable is the right way to go to
get hold of the entire GET request, can someone suggest a way (or a
web resource for me to learn how) to do that (since I'm relatively new
to Python).

Or is there a better way?

Many thanks!

- Jon