Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Recommend ATA please

Re: Recommend ATA please

Dave Angel

> Unless you're calling other SIP endpoints, i.e. your calls are entirely
> VoIP, then I'd be really interested to know what VoIP provider you're
> using that's cheaper than a landline, please?

Hi Chris. Most of my calls are national calls during the day.
Voipfone charge 1p per minute for this with no minimum charge anywhere
in the UK at any time, pay as you go. BT charge 5p immediately even
if you speak to someone for 30 seconds (which I often do). All this
adds up.

mymail@hotmail.com

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:48:22 -0800 (PST), Dave Angel
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Chris. Most of my calls are national calls during the day.
>Voipfone charge 1p per minute for this with no minimum charge anywhere
>in the UK at any time, pay as you go.

Voipcheap.com charge round about 8 euro for 4 months of free calls to
many places in the world , Voipcheap must be the cheapest around at
the moment when your free calls run out you can either pay another 8
euro to renew your calls or use your original 8 euro on calls then add
credit .

Chris Davies

I asked:

Soruk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It's worse than that in the daytime. 6p connection charge, and 3p for the
> first minute makes it quite pricey at 9p.

That's way more than I pay for my landline calls. (Finarea: flat rate
6p/call UK-wide, not a lot per minute for mobiles, common international
destinations not more than 1p/min.)

Chris

Soruk

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:21:20 +0000, Chris Davies <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I asked:
>> Unless you're calling other SIP endpoints, i.e. your calls are entirely
>> VoIP, then I'd be really interested to know what VoIP provider you're
>> using that's cheaper than a landline, please?

>On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:48:22 -0800 (PST), Dave Angel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Hi Chris. Most of my calls are national calls during the day.
>>Voipfone charge 1p per minute for this with no minimum charge anywhere
>>in the UK at any time, pay as you go. BT charge 5p immediately even
>>if you speak to someone for 30 seconds (which I often do). All this
>>adds up.

>Soruk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> It's worse than that in the daytime. 6p connection charge, and 3p for the
>> first minute makes it quite pricey at 9p.

>That's way more than I pay for my landline calls. (Finarea: flat rate
>6p/call UK-wide, not a lot per minute for mobiles, common international
>destinations not more than 1p/min.)

Dave Angel was talking about BT rates in his post - I was merely pointing
out they were even worse than what he'd said.

I've before now tried to sign up with the Finarea 18xxx services and each
time the registration failed, so I gave up. VoipCheap, however, works
like a charm and unlike the 18xxx there's no connection charge.

Recommend ATA please Dave Angel UK VOIP 11 12-16-2007 10:39 AM
Re: Recommend ATA please Soruk UK VOIP 6 12-15-2007 08:05 PM
Re: Recommend ATA please Mike Sun UK VOIP 0 12-14-2007 09:50 PM
Re: Recommend ATA please Dave Angel UK VOIP 0 12-14-2007 07:45 PM
ATA 133 HD on a ATA 100 Board buffy Computer Support 2 12-23-2003 03:39 PM

Advertisments