Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Problem Installing IIs

Problem Installing IIs

jon L

HI,
I received a new Dell optiplex GX620 with a corporate load of XP
professional and service pack II on it. My prior machine was an XP pro with
IIS on it So I attempt to upgrade as I did a few years back with my prior
box. I go to add/remove programs -> add windows component -> iis. It starts
copying then says "setup cannot copy staxmem.dll" . I enter in a cd with a
copy of Windows XP service Pack II". No dice. I then search my box and find
two directories with staxmem.dll in them C:\windows\system32;
C:\windows\ServicePackfiles\i386. I try feeding these to the copy error
dialogue . It just keeps repeating the error for the same file. I go to our
network admin . He says I am on drugs and starts to load IIS on his box no
problem. When the diagologue comes up he enters in C:\i386. And has no
problem. SO he copies his I386 to my box. But that does not work either.
I have tried a copy of windows xp pro w/service pack II . Still no dice. If
I skip the file , it just barks at next file. I'm tearing my hair out.
Would appreciate it if any one knows what I could possibly do!
Thanks in advance
JonL