Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Any good XML validation tools?

Any good XML validation tools?

steadyspirit@gmail.com

I'm now using STG XML validation tool to validate my XML files through
uploading.
But, STG can not include local DTD files.
Also, testing XML files on Firefox and IE always lead to inconsistent
results, which is really a confusion to me.

Are there any good XML validation tool to introduce?

Pavel Lepin

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
> I'm now using STG XML validation tool to validate my XML
> files through uploading.
> But, STG can not include local DTD files.
> Also, testing XML files on Firefox and IE always lead to
> inconsistent results, which is really a confusion to me.
>
> Are there any good XML validation tool to introduce?

xmllint is a command-line validating parser that comes with
libxml2 package. It supports validation using DTDs, W3C XML
Schemata and RELAX NG schema definitions. If you're running
Linux, it's very likely you already have this package
installed. If you're on a Windows box, libxml2 is in
Cygwin's packages collection.

--
....also, I submit that we all must honourably commit seppuku
right now rather than serve the Dark Side by producing the

keshlam-nospam@comcast.net

On Dec 14, 2:12 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Are there any good XML validation tool to introduce?

I just use Xerces. (That is, when I'm not actively debugging an XML
parsing/validation framework.)

Any good validating XML parser should come with a simple standalone
driver which will let you parse/validate a file from the command line.
If you want to redirect a DTD URI which normally retrieves from the
net so it instead reads a local file (rather than changing the URI to
point locally), most will let you plug in a resolver which does so.
See the parser's documentation.

ValidatorBuddy

On 19 Dez. 2007, 05:00, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2:12 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Are there any goodXMLvalidationtoolto introduce?

> I just use Xerces. (That is, when I'm not actively debugging anXML
> parsing/validationframework.)
>
> Any good validatingXMLparser should come with a simple standalone
> driver which will let you parse/validate a file from the command line.

You can use ValidatorBuddy 2.2 to validate (multiple) XML files from
the Windows File Explorer using Xerces-C 2.7 (and also others like
AltovaXML). Afterwards you get a dialog with a detailed report showing
all errors where you can open the file(s) and/or copy the error report
to the clipboard as XML.

Read more about the tool here: http://www.spycomponents.com/ValidatorBuddy.htm

Regards, Ewa