Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Need Addon to fit page to screen width

Need Addon to fit page to screen width

tedwilson@usa.com

I posted this a few days ago, along with another question. I never
got any
response to this part of the message.

Is there any addon for this?
I much prefer Firefox over Opera, but this scrolling from left to
right is really
getting on my nerves.

Original question.......

I just installed Opera for the first time since I
abandoned it about 5 years ago. I will have to admit that Opera is
greatly improved since the last time I used it. Yet, given the
choice, I still prefer Firefox over both Opera and IE. With one
exception. Opera has a feature to "Fit the Width" on web pages. I
really wish Firefox had that. I dont have the best eyesight, so my
highest resolution I use on my monitor is 800x600. The problem is
that many websites are larger these days, and if anything drives me
bonkers, it's having to scroll the page from left to right to read the
text. Is there any sort of addon for Firefox to do this same thing?

Rom

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:44:08 -0600, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Opera has a feature to "Fit the Width" on web pages. I
> really wish Firefox had that. I dont have the best eyesight, so my
> highest resolution I use on my monitor is 800x600. The problem is
> that many websites are larger these days, and if anything drives me
> bonkers, it's having to scroll the page from left to right to read the
> text. Is there any sort of addon for Firefox to do this same thing?

I found this, so see if it helps or works for you:
<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1246572>

--
Rom

Irwin Greenwald

> I posted this a few days ago, along with another question. I never
> got any
> response to this part of the message.
>
> Is there any addon for this?
> I much prefer Firefox over Opera, but this scrolling from left to
> right is really
> getting on my nerves.
>
> Original question.......
>
> I just installed Opera for the first time since I
> abandoned it about 5 years ago. I will have to admit that Opera is
> greatly improved since the last time I used it. Yet, given the
> choice, I still prefer Firefox over both Opera and IE. With one
> exception. Opera has a feature to "Fit the Width" on web pages. I
> really wish Firefox had that. I dont have the best eyesight, so my
> highest resolution I use on my monitor is 800x600. The problem is
> that many websites are larger these days, and if anything drives me
> bonkers, it's having to scroll the page from left to right to read the
> text. Is there any sort of addon for Firefox to do this same thing?

Type about:config in location bar and hit Enter
Type browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing in filter bar. make sure
the value is true.