Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange delay in system sounds

Strange delay in system sounds

Robin

HP Pavilion a1330n running Windows XP. (any other info, just holler and I
will provide it) Sound driver (guess that's what it is called, in the device
manager under sound, video, and game controllers) is a Realtek AC '97
codec.

I have noticed over the past week or so that system sounds are delayed by a
few seconds. Such as the recycle bin. When I empty it, the little "crumpling
paper" sound is delayed after the action takes place. I have also noticed
when doing things in OE, such as making blocked senders by right clicking on
the message and choosing block sender in the drop down, that the "attention"
or "are you sure" sound is delayed to the point that it happens after I have
finished and closed OE completely.

Does anyone here know what could be causing this and how I may be able to
fix it?

Thanks

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>HP Pavilion a1330n running Windows XP. (any other info, just holler and I
>will provide it) Sound driver (guess that's what it is called, in the device
>manager under sound, video, and game controllers) is a Realtek AC '97
>codec.
>
>I have noticed over the past week or so that system sounds are delayed by a
>few seconds. Such as the recycle bin. When I empty it, the little "crumpling
>paper" sound is delayed after the action takes place. I have also noticed
>when doing things in OE, such as making blocked senders by right clicking on
>the message and choosing block sender in the drop down, that the "attention"
>or "are you sure" sound is delayed to the point that it happens after I have
>finished and closed OE completely.
>
>Does anyone here know what could be causing this and how I may be able to
>fix it?

In the control panel will be two listings:
one for sounds and audio devices and another for sound effects manager

Open the sound effects manager and see if you have a delay set.
--

Even schools have their moments
http://nsharp.org/gallery/user-uploaded/65.jpg