Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Header

Header

shapper

Hello,

I need to place 3 headers on my page.
Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?

I am also creating a code that runs on the server and places a header
on my page.
I don't know if other headers will be on the page code. Which header
tag should I add by default?

Thanks,
Miguel

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed shapper <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:3df9419b-7f33-47ce-ae85-9f0867646615
@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> Hello,
>
> I need to place 3 headers on my page.
> Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?
>
> I am also creating a code that runs on the server and places a header
> on my page.
> I don't know if other headers will be on the page code. Which header
> tag should I add by default?
>
> Thanks,
> Miguel

The headers should make sense, eg:

<h1>Pets</h1>
<h2>Dogs</h2>
<h3>Small Dogs</h3>
<h3>Large Dogs</h3>
<h2>Cats</h2>
<h3>Long Haired Cats</h3>
faces.</p>
<h3>Short Haired Cats</h3>

You will just have to figure out from the context what headers to use.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

place57

On Dec 14, 2:08 am, Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I need to place 3 headers on my page.
> > Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?

> The headers should make sense, eg:
> <h1>Pets</h1>
> <h2>Cats</h2>

Well that make no sense at all! It is a completely silly notion that
they are good companions. Cats are only good for use in pain
tolerance research and of course bait when hunting bear.

DocuMaker

On Dec 13, 2:39 pm, shapper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to place 3 headers on my page.
> Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?
>
> I am also creating a code that runs on the server and places a header
> on my page.
> I don't know if other headers will be on the page code. Which header
> tag should I add by default?
>
> Thanks,
> Miguel

The <H1> will help you with SEO more than the other tags.

---
http://www.outsource2documaker.com
Managing outsourced projects ranging from fine artwork and business
graphics to website design and maintenance.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit DocuMaker:

> The <H1> will help you with SEO more than the other tags.

Whenever you see the abbrev "SEO", the odds are that someone is willing
to help others to get rid of their spare money.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed place57 <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:e89d2958-3639-4f89-a15b-42c1226a8140
@a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> On Dec 14, 2:08 am, Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > I need to place 3 headers on my page.
>> > Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?

>> The headers should make sense, eg:
>> <h1>Pets</h1>
>> <h2>Cats</h2>

> Well that make no sense at all! It is a completely silly notion that
> they are good companions. Cats are only good for use in pain
> tolerance research and of course bait when hunting bear.

<horror>Quick! Rolo, hide</horror>
[http://my.opera.com/arbpen/albums/sh...81941&picture=
4164259]

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Jukka K. Korpela"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:qSv8j.265201$Uy1.135649
@reader1.news.saunalahti.fi:

> Scripsit DocuMaker:
>
>> The <H1> will help you with SEO more than the other tags.

> Whenever you see the abbrev "SEO", the odds are that someone is

willing
> to help others to get rid of their spare money.

Not necessarily. I think with education about SEO, less people could
fall victim to such snake oil salesman. However, Documaker could have
put his comment in better perspective.

To the OP, and H1 can help with SEO in that some search engines will
look at the heading elements to determine the subject of the page.
Heading elements should be used for their meaning, not because of the
way some browsers render them (big bold text).

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

dorayme

In article <Xns9A064DF3F1363arbpenyahoocom@69.28.186.121>,
Adrienne Boswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed place57 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> writing in news:e89d2958-3639-4f89-a15b-42c1226a8140
> @a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> >> The headers should make sense, eg:
> >> <h1>Pets</h1>
> >> <h2>Cats</h2>

> > Well that make no sense at all! It is a completely silly notion that
> > they are good companions. Cats are only good for use in pain
> > tolerance research and of course bait when hunting bear.
> >

> <horror>Quick! Rolo, hide</horror>
> [http://my.opera.com/arbpen/albums/sh...81941&picture=
> 4164259]

That is a cute one.