Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > [Ann] RefleX 0.3.0 is out !

[Ann] RefleX 0.3.0 is out !

Philippe Poulard

RefleX is the crème de la crème for processing XML with XSLT, XQuery, on
the Web, on the command line interface, for hosting tag libraries, and
for handling non-XML objects like if they were XML !
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/

===> RefleX consider most of the things to handle as XML :
-you have a directory ? apply the XPath expression //* on it and you'll
get the files under the subtree ; and it works on local and remote file
systems, and even on zip, tar, jar files etc
-you have an SQL query ? map it to an arbitrary complex XML structure :
you can also use XPath to browse the SQL result

===> RefleX can query native XML databases such as eXist with XQuery,
apply XSLT stylesheets, and choose the parsing style (DOM or SAX) almost
transparently : it is straightforward to "cast" a DOM document to a SAX
document or the opposite, and merging a set of DOM fragments into a
single SAX document can be done with very few tags ; active tags can be
mixed with litteral tags like in XSLT

===> RefleX will help you to build test suites for applications that are
dealing with XML datas (even if your application is not a RefleX
application) ; this is the job of XUnit, which is itself a RefleX
application (made 100% with tags)

===> RefleX offers means to implement easily processing-purpose XML
languages ; additionally, some core concepts can be considered at
design-time to enhance the expressiveness of your own declarative
languages ; binding an active tag to its implementation is trivial, and
custom tags can also be made with macros tags

===> RefleX is available freely and you'll find lots of tips and
tutorial in the documentation ; the learning curve is not steep for
people that know XSLT and XPath since the basic concepts are very
similar : you mix active tags with litterals, and the documents are
XPath-centric, but instead of having a single instruction set (this is
the case in XSLT), you'll have several ones

Still writing thousands lines of code ? Use a dozen of tags instead, use
RefleX !
Visit RefleX at INRIA's gforge :
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/

--
Cordialement,

///
(. .)
--------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------
| Philippe Poulard |
-----------------------------
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/
Have the RefleX !

Joseph Kesselman

Philippe Poulard wrote:
> RefleX is the crème de la crème for processing XML with XSLT, XQuery, on
> the Web, on the command line interface, for hosting tag libraries, and
> for handling non-XML objects like if they were XML !

For what it's worth: I know everyone's (by definition) a huge fan of
their own project, but in my experience that kind of advertising
language tends to turn off newsgroup readers. Telling us a newversion is
out is good; pointing us to the website is good; telling us what's new
about this release is good... but it's probably better to let the
website carry the beginner/marketing pitch.