Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

David F

Does the method below also work for Vista 64, or only Vista 32?
TIA

Hugh,
Patch/workaround (use at your own risk!)
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...vista-sp1-rc1/

Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> According to winver after installing Sp1 I now have an evaluation version
> of
> Vista,which will expire 6/30/2008. It also sticks a logo in the bottom
> right
> corner stating"Windows Vista (TM)
> evaluation copy 6001.

Mike Hall - MVP

The 'eval version' will disappear when you finally uninstall the RC and
install the RTM upon its release. In the meantime, it is a useful reminder
that you are running a test version.

--
Mike Hall - MVP

"David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does the method below also work for Vista 64, or only Vista 32?
> TIA
>
> Hugh,
> Patch/workaround (use at your own risk!)
> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...vista-sp1-rc1/
>
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> According to winver after installing Sp1 I now have an evaluation version
>> of
>> Vista,which will expire 6/30/2008. It also sticks a logo in the bottom
>> right
>> corner stating"Windows Vista (TM)
>> evaluation copy 6001.

David F

Hi Mike,
Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned below work
to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista 32. TIA.

"Mike Hall - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The 'eval version' will disappear when you finally uninstall the RC and
> install the RTM upon its release. In the meantime, it is a useful reminder
> that you are running a test version.
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
>

> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does the method below also work for Vista 64, or only Vista 32?
>> TIA
>>
>> Hugh,
>> Patch/workaround (use at your own risk!)
>> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...vista-sp1-rc1/
>>
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Kue2" wrote:
>>
>>> According to winver after installing Sp1 I now have an evaluation
>>> version of
>>> Vista,which will expire 6/30/2008. It also sticks a logo in the bottom
>>> right
>>> corner stating"Windows Vista (TM)
>>> evaluation copy 6001.

Theo

Assuming the .DLL is a 32-bit version, then it would not
work in Vista x64.

David F wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned below
> work to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista 32. TIA.
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The 'eval version' will disappear when you finally uninstall the RC
>> and install the RTM upon its release. In the meantime, it is a useful
>> reminder that you are running a test version.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
>>

>> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Does the method below also work for Vista 64, or only Vista 32?
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Hugh,
>>> Patch/workaround (use at your own risk!)
>>> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...vista-sp1-rc1/
>>>

>>> Carlos

Theo

P.S.
Why not ask the person posting the information? There is a
"Contact" option.

David F wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned below
> work to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista 32. TIA.
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The 'eval version' will disappear when you finally uninstall the RC
>> and install the RTM upon its release. In the meantime, it is a useful
>> reminder that you are running a test version.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
>>

>> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Does the method below also work for Vista 64, or only Vista 32?
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Hugh,
>>> Patch/workaround (use at your own risk!)
>>> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...vista-sp1-rc1/
>>>

>>> Carlos

Adam Leinss

"David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi Mike,
> Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned
> below work to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista
> 32. TIA.

Doubt you will get an answer...the web site you mentioned has "hacked"
copies of Windows files. Quite ballsy of you to ask Microsoft if a
hacked operating system file will work OK to remove their watermark.

Adam
--
Visit my PC Tech blog at www.leinss.com/blog

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Does it really matter though?
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Mike,
> Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned below work
> to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista 32. TIA.
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The 'eval version' will disappear when you finally uninstall the RC and
>> install the RTM upon its release. In the meantime, it is a useful
>> reminder that you are running a test version.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
>>

>> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Does the method below also work for Vista 64, or only Vista 32?
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Hugh,
>>> Patch/workaround (use at your own risk!)
>>> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...vista-sp1-rc1/
>>>
>>> Carlos

David F

How about using this newsgroup for questions and answers relating to Vista
and leaving editorial comments which just waste everyone's time out of it.
I need a more stable version of Vista 64 and I need to make presentations
without something inteferring.
"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does it really matter though?
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Mike,
>> Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned below
>> work to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista 32. TIA.
>>
>> "Mike Hall - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> The 'eval version' will disappear when you finally uninstall the RC and
>>> install the RTM upon its release. In the meantime, it is a useful
>>> reminder that you are running a test version.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Hall - MVP
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
>>>

>>> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Carlos

David,
According to poster BChat, this is how he hid it.
"I have the DreamScene waterfall set as my desktop -
covers the build logo - makes a nice night light too."
See the thread "Vista 64 & sp1 rc 1 v.668" dated Dec 11th.
Carlos

"David F" wrote:

> How about using this newsgroup for questions and answers relating to Vista
> and leaving editorial comments which just waste everyone's time out of it.
> I need a more stable version of Vista 64 and I need to make presentations
> without something inteferring.
> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does it really matter though?
> > --
> > Andre
> > Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> > My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> > http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
> > "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi Mike,
> >> Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned below
> >> work to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista 32. TIA.
> >>
> >> "Mike Hall - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Mike Hall - MVP

But you shouldn't be using a production machine to run 'beta' or RC
updates/service packs..