Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Strict html

Strict html

UKuser

Hi,

I want to aim for strict html but am stumbling at the IFRAME tag.

Currently I have:
Form tag: target="upload_target"
Iframe: <iframe scrolling="no" id='upload_target'
name="upload_target"></iframe>

I am using my iframe as the forms target, but I'm not sure if this can
be successfully done with object instead.

Thanks

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit UKuser:

> I want to aim for strict html but am stumbling at the IFRAME tag.

You need to make up your mind then.

> Form tag: target="upload_target"
> Iframe: <iframe scrolling="no" id='upload_target'
> name="upload_target"></iframe>

Remove the target attribute and the iframe element. Problem solved.

In rare cases, where an inline frame might be useful, just use it as you
do and accept this deviation from Strict. It's the use of a frowned-up
element that matters, not the technicality of document type definitions.

> I am using my iframe as the forms target, but I'm not sure if this can
> be successfully done with object instead.

It cannot (in HTML).

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Re: Declaring as HTML 4 strict or HTML 5? Gus Richter HTML 0 02-13-2013 02:34 AM
Re: Declaring as HTML 4 strict or HTML 5? Tim Streater HTML 4 02-13-2013 01:00 AM
Re: Declaring as HTML 4 strict or HTML 5? Lewis HTML 0 02-12-2013 11:10 PM
valid html strict KMA ASP .Net 3 04-25-2006 11:38 AM
Changing VS2005 to generate HTML 4.01/Strict instead of XHTML 1.0 Rob Roberts ASP .Net 5 01-20-2006 11:38 PM

Advertisments