Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Duel processor use with Windows Vista x64

Duel processor use with Windows Vista x64

David Manvell

I currently have a Dell precision PC with 2 duel core Xeon 3.2 GHz Processors
and am running Windows XP x64. I will be upgrading soon to one of the Windows
Vista x64 versions and I need to know which versions support multiple duel
core processors.

S.SubZero

I believe that Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate will support
two physical CPUs. Any of these would also support multiple cores on
those CPUs.

Colin Barnhorst

Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium can only use one socket (CPU).
Vista Business and Vista Ultimate can use two sockets. Of course, whether
the processors in those sockets are single core or multicore is irrelevant
(some folks confuse cpu's and cores).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...