Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hard drive full, but no files.

Hard drive full, but no files.

John Doe

Just put my old hard drive, that was almost full of files, but now windows Vista & XP (both) Show the drives as TOTAL HD space is: 114GB, Free 114 GB, used 93GB!!!
Ok, so at the same time windows sees both as used and fully free!!!
What the hell!?
and windows XP only sees 63GB used (I'm pretty sure Vista is more correct, and then 114GB as free and as total capacity.
Windows Explorer does not show any files visible. Not a single file or folder.
Is there anything I can do to see the full content of the hard drive?

why?

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:50:21 -0500, John Doe wrote:

>Just put my old hard drive, that was almost full of files, but now windows Vista & XP (both) Show the drives as TOTAL HD space is: 114GB, Free 114 GB, used 93GB!!!
>Ok, so at the same time windows sees both as used and fully free!!!
>What the hell!?
>and windows XP only sees 63GB used (I'm pretty sure Vista is more correct, and then 114GB as free and as total capacity.
>Windows Explorer does not show any files visible. Not a single file or folder.

Hidden?

>Is there anything I can do to see the full content of the hard drive?

Maybe nothing that's been mention in 24HSHD before
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics

like
http://www.runtime.org/
and the disk explorer.

there is something maybe called pc file inspector a few had mentioned.
Try different search keywords from the 24hshd link.

Yea and a broken sig.

Me