Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How To Add A PC To An Existing Wireless Network

How To Add A PC To An Existing Wireless Network

=?Utf-8?B?QmlnIEtldiA0IFByZXNpZGVudCBJbiAyMDA4ICE=?=

Ok, I Have A Windows XP Desktop PC. Im moving to a house where there is a
existing wireless network. All Of The PC's Have Windows XP and Their Router
Is Running Off Sattelite High Speed Internet Access. The Routers and Cards
Are All Linksys. What I want to do Is Add my PC to the Existing Network.
Please help and list the steps I need to do (In Order) to connect to the
network. Or Email Me @ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)....Thanks !

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Do you already have a Wireless NIC installed?

If so, once in the residence, Search for Available Networks.... it should
find and ask if you want to connect to whatever their SSID is.... then they
will need to give you the key/password....

If they are letting you join their Workgroup, they will let you know what
that is called, otherwise you will only get access to the internet and not
to their PCs.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies, Printing & Imaging

news:(E-Mail Removed)...