Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Playing DVDs under Linux

Playing DVDs under Linux

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:26:54 GMT, Unruh <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>ChairmanOfTheBored <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>>On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:16:19 GMT, Unruh <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>You MUST install libdvdcss to decrypt the dvd.
>>>It does not come with any distro, since distribution is illegal in the USA
>>>of this library under DMCA.
>>>

>> That should read "any US based distro". The library is available, just
>>not as easy to get as it used to be.

>No, any distro, since all want to be able to distribute in the USA and have
>a presense in the USA. That presence would be enough to get them arrested
>next time their officers visited the USA.

Officers? You're an idiot. I'll bet that Knopper has never been here.
I'll bet there are several distro makers that have never been to the US
nor ever plan to be here.

You really are retarded as it relates to the internet and what is
available, eh?