Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > User tracking with Windows

User tracking with Windows

B Hasselman B Hasselman is offline
Junior Member

First off, I have no choice but to use a Windows system. That will make it more fun.

I am new to Networking equipment. Our ISSO has asked me to track down computers that appear on our DHCP server that should not get getting access. We are trying to get to the switch port so we can find out where they are connecting at.

I can use Cisco Works Campus User Tracking tool, as long as the user is still connected. However, this is often not the case. When the user is unable to authenticate, they typically disconnet and move on.

Is there any tool for us that is similar to Cisco's User Tracking that would allow us to go through the switches up to a few days after the connection attempt was made? We have 96 switches, all Cisco, in a flat network.

Thanks!

Tracking Someone Tracking Me Edw. Peach Computer Security 4 07-07-2005 05:50 PM
Tracking Logged in User Harman ASP .Net 1 06-04-2005 08:18 AM
Tomcat Custom User Tracking hiddenbgemail@hotmail.com Java 0 05-11-2005 09:18 PM
user tracking J.Kleine Cisco 1 05-05-2004 09:39 AM
custom user logging tracking ramA ASP .Net 1 12-24-2003 02:31 PM

Advertisments