Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > [OFF-TOPIC] Win 3.11

[OFF-TOPIC] Win 3.11

Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

I realise this is ridiculously off-topic but I thought some of you
might find it amusing... I installed DOS 6.22 and Win 3.11 on a dual-core
1.83 GHz laptop today... and it works perfectly! I bought a USB floppy disk
drive off eBay for about 3euro and used it to install DOS and Windows 3.11
from 13 floppies I can even use my USB mouse and my USB floppy disk
drive within Win 3.11

I've three primary partitions at the moment:

1: DOS 6.22 and Win 3.11 (FAT16)
2: Linux Ubuntu 7.10 (ext3)
3: Windows XP Pro SP2 (NTFS)

I'm going to have a root around the house for my old DOS Secret's book;
it has all sorts of stuff in it like how to change the DOS prompt font
colour using ANSI.SYS

While we're ridiculously off-topic, I might mention that I've got the
page file disabled in all of my operating systems, because I've got a GB of
RAM but I've never seen more than 400 MB of it being used. As an experiment
in Windows XP, I opened up about 10 web browsers on different pages, two of
them on youtube playing videos, then opened every single Microsft Office
application... and there was still hundreds of megs free of RAM. Money
spent on 2 gigs of RAM is money wasted (today in anyway).

--
Tomás Ó hÉilidhe