Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 4500m

Cisco 4500m

NextLevel

Is there a way to log internet traffic from the inside interface to an
internal server ? If so, can you explain how it is done. Thanks

Merv

what do you mean by log Internet traffic
.. capture the entire content of each packets ?
.. display the source and destination IP addresses, ports

NextLevel

Let me try to explain, What I am trying to do is log the destination
IP's from the internal network to the internet so I can review the
sites visited at a later time. I know they have loggin software that
can be run on a server but I was trying to see if it is possible to log
it from the router to a server using the logging feature in CISCO IOS

Does that make sense ?

Merv wrote:
> what do you mean by log Internet traffic
> . capture the entire content of each packets ?
> . display the source and destination IP addresses, ports

Merv

yes it does

check and see if the Cisco router or switch in question supports the
Netflow feature.

see Cisco doc
http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf...cd80311f57.pdf

NextLevel

Thank you, That is exactly what I am looking for. The 4500m router that
I am running currently has IOS ver (C4500-JK8S-M), Version 12.2(23d)
installed. Where in the commands do I find NETFLOW ?

Merv wrote:
> yes it does
>
> check and see if the Cisco router or switch in question supports the
> Netflow feature.
>
> see Cisco doc
> http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf...cd80311f57.pdf

Merv

see

ttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080379a ee.html#wp1006509

NextLevel

I thank you for the info but I think you may have misunderstood. I am
using a 4500M router not a switch. Would this still be the same in the
router ?

Merv wrote:
> see
>
> ttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080379a ee.html#wp1006509

Merv

Netflow requires CEF (Cisco Express Forwarding)

check if CEF is enabled "show ip cef"

NETFLOW whitepapers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...pers_list.html

For IOS NETFLOW commands see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080443cb7.html

NextLevel

CEF is enabled on the router. So I will make the assumption (which I
hate to do) is that even though the whitepapers and docs are written
for the Catalyst 4500 switch, it would still work on the 4500M series
ROUTERs.