Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Global.asax.cs and Session[]

Global.asax.cs and Session[]

Just D

Does anybody have any idea why we were able to get Session[] in
Global.asax.cs in .NET 1.1 and the same code became unworkable in .NET 2.0?
The code is compilable but the app complains when gets to this point that
Session[] is not available in current context. Why?

Just D.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Just,

Any source code demonstrating this problem? Because as I know there is few
of foretellers

---
WBR,

JD> Does anybody have any idea why we were able to get Session[] in
JD> Global.asax.cs in .NET 1.1 and the same code became unworkable in
JD> .NET 2.0? The code is compilable but the app complains when gets to
JD> this point that Session[] is not available in current context. Why?
JD>
JD> Just D.

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

You haven't described *where* in global.asax that you are trying to get
Session data, so we can ony guess.
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

"Just D" wrote:

> Does anybody have any idea why we were able to get Session[] in
> Global.asax.cs in .NET 1.1 and the same code became unworkable in .NET 2.0?
> The code is compilable but the app complains when gets to this point that
> Session[] is not available in current context. Why?
>
> Just D.

Just D

Peter,

That's easy. I'm not calling Session[] from Application_Start before it was
created for sure. The code I wrote about is located inside protected void
Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) and it was working for several
years with .NET 1.1. After I switched to 2.0 the same code stopped working.
Although the code is compilable it returns a run-time error when I try to
get this:

try
{
//session = (DxSession)Context.Session["Session"];
//session = (DxSession)HttpContext.Current.Session["Session"];
session = (DxSession)Session["Session"];
}
catch
{
return;
}

I also tried these two calls with the same result. I saw these advices on
the Internet.
session = (DxSession)Context.Session["Session"];
session = (DxSession)HttpContext.Current.Session["Session"];

Just D.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...