Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > BEAMING ABOUT THE 40D!

BEAMING ABOUT THE 40D!

Annika1980

Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
I feel the sun is only shining on me.
http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

Troy Piggins

* Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below :
> Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
> I feel the sun is only shining on me.
> http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772

Exif -> Canon EOS D60

Is that your IR converted camera? I thought trees look whiter
with IR?

> For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
> until today.
> The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
>
> Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

LOL. Timing!

--
Troy Piggins
Please feel free to provide constructive criticism on any photos I post. I'm

helensilverburg@hotmail.com

On Dec 11, 8:14 pm, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
> I feel the sun is only shining on me.http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
>
> For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
> until today.
> The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
>
> Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
Congrats! On this magnificent work. I won't bore everyone with my
poor technical critiquing skills but I will say it's very spiritual
and comforting. I envision it as God calling all angels to come home
now, as their work is done. Personally, it's very appropriate.
Helen

Bob AZ

> For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
> until today.
> The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
>
> Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

Annika

Very nice. It should print well

Bob AZ

Bob Williams

Annika1980 wrote:
> Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
> I feel the sun is only shining on me.
> http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
>

> For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
> until today.
> The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
>
> Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

Timing is everything
Bob Williams

Noons

On Dec 12, 12:14 pm, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
> until today.
> The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
>
> Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

absolutely. Just getting Sacred Kingfishers to stay
put with their heads is pot luck:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/...n/_DSC0261.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/...n/_DSC0263.JPG

unsharpened, uncropped. I might do something with these,
when I get some free time. AF70-210/4.5-5.6, handheld.

but my target is the azure kingfisher: only seen one and
it didn't even give me time to blink, let alone have a shot...

Sosumi

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
> I feel the sun is only shining on me.
> http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
>

> For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
> until today.
> The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
>
> Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

Is he trying to tell you what he thinks of the 40D ? LOL!

--
Sosumi

Draco

On Dec 12, 5:18 am, Noons <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 12:14 pm, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
> > until today.
> > The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

> > Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

> absolutely. Just getting Sacred Kingfishers to stay
> put with their heads is pot luck:http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/...n/_DSC0263.JPG
>
> unsharpened, uncropped. I might do something with these,
> when I get some free time. AF70-210/4.5-5.6, handheld.
>
> but my target is the azure kingfisher: only seen one and
> it didn't even give me time to blink, let alone have a shot...

Nice capture of a difficult avian. Being at the right place at the
right time is a must to
get those shots. And doing it hand held as well. Good shooting.

Keep at it Noons. Would like to see more.

Draco

Draco

On Dec 11, 8:14 pm, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
> I feel the sun is only shining on me.http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
>
> For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
> until today.
> The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
>
> Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

Wonderful IR shot. But contrast seems a bit flat or is my moniter off
again? I can feel the warmth of the ray of sun light beaming down.
Very well done.

ROFLMAO Great shot! I would like to print it out and put it on my
bosses desk when I quit.hehe To bad there were so many twigs in the
way of the rest of the bird.

Keep at it.

Draco

Noons

On Dec 13, 12:59 am, Draco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Nice capture of a difficult avian. Being at the right place at the
> right time is a must to
> get those shots. And doing it hand held as well. Good shooting.
>
> Keep at it Noons. Would like to see more.

I WANT THE AZURE KINGFISHER, DAMMIT!