Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > String parsing

String parsing

dimasteg@gmail.com

Hi all C.

Nead some help with string "on the fly" parsing, how it can be
realized ?
Any ideas? I got some of my own, but it's interesting to get other
points of view .

Regards.

user923005

On Dec 11, 3:44 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all C.
>
> Nead some help with string "on the fly" parsing, how it can be
> realized ?

C answer: strtok()

Other answer: use Yacc or Bison or the Gold Parser, etc.

> Any ideas? I got some of my own, but it's interesting to get other
> points of view .

Parsing is a pretty broad topic. If you need something compilicated,
they try news:comp.compilers
Otherwise, post your attempts and we will critique them.

Chris Dollin

> Nead some help with string "on the fly" parsing, how it can be
> realized ?

I don't understand the question. What do you mean by 'string "on the fly"
parsing'? Is it different from just plain parsing?

Concrete examples help - they give us something to get our teeth into.

--
Chris "why yes, they are diamond, how did you know?" Dollin

registered no: 690597 England Berks RG12 1HN

Malcolm McLean

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Nead some help with string "on the fly" parsing, how it can be
> realized ?
> Any ideas? I got some of my own, but it's interesting to get other
> points of view .

Read my MiniBasic pages to understand how to go about the process of
building a parser for mathematical expressions, programming languages, and
similar.

--
Free games and programming goodies.
http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm