Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Belkin F5D7000 Wireless Network Card

Belkin F5D7000 Wireless Network Card

Gavin

Hi,

I've got a belkin wireless G card plugged into my PC. Sometimes it works
fine - finds the netgear router and works without any problems there after.

Sometimes, it will drop its connection two or three times - during which
time i have to disable the adapter through the device manager screen and at
the c prompt release and renew the ip configuration.

Does anyone know why this card needs to be disabled so frequently to make it
work? Are there any software interferences that can stop this from
occurring?

Thanks in advance.
Gavin

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGU=?=

What OS are you running?

"Gavin" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a belkin wireless G card plugged into my PC. Sometimes it works
> fine - finds the netgear router and works without any problems there after.
>
> Sometimes, it will drop its connection two or three times - during which
> time i have to disable the adapter through the device manager screen and at
> the c prompt release and renew the ip configuration.
>
> Does anyone know why this card needs to be disabled so frequently to make it
> work? Are there any software interferences that can stop this from
> occurring?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Gavin

Gavin

xp sp2....fully updated.

"Michelle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What OS are you running?
>
> "Gavin" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a belkin wireless G card plugged into my PC. Sometimes it works
>> fine - finds the netgear router and works without any problems there
>> after.
>>
>> Sometimes, it will drop its connection two or three times - during which
>> time i have to disable the adapter through the device manager screen and
>> at
>> the c prompt release and renew the ip configuration.
>>
>> Does anyone know why this card needs to be disabled so frequently to make
>> it
>> work? Are there any software interferences that can stop this from
>> occurring?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Gavin

NikV

"Gavin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> xp sp2....fully updated.
>

> "Michelle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What OS are you running?
>>
>> "Gavin" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've got a belkin wireless G card plugged into my PC. Sometimes it
>>> works
>>> fine - finds the netgear router and works without any problems there
>>> after.
>>>
>>> Sometimes, it will drop its connection two or three times - during which
>>> time i have to disable the adapter through the device manager screen and
>>> at
>>> the c prompt release and renew the ip configuration.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know why this card needs to be disabled so frequently to
>>> make it
>>> work? Are there any software interferences that can stop this from
>>> occurring?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Gavin

had exactly the same issues with this card connecting to a dlink 2000ap I
managed to find a driver update and just installed the driver - the belkin
utility would not install on three separate computers- now I don't have
dropouts very often but despite an excellent signal both strength and s/n
ratio I usually can't sustain more than 36Mbps - just reckoned it doesn't
work very well with the router, the other dlink pcmcia cards have worked
flawlessly as does my hx4700 pda (11Mbps only) placed in exactly the same
position as the belkin antenna
(on XP sp2)

--