Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Internet is perfect but cannot share files

Wireless Internet is perfect but cannot share files

=?Utf-8?B?amFk?=

I have an ADSL internet subscription that goes from the plug on the wall to a
D-Link 524G Wireless router. From this Wireless router I am able to connect
two wireless computers, one using XP Home (The desktop) and another XP Pro
(The laptop). I am using a USB Wireless card from D-Link AirPlusG, 802.11g, 4
10/100 port. The laptop uses a Wireless BusCard to connect to the internet.

Everything works perfectly when it comes to internet connection.

Now I want the two pcs to connect with each others, for file sharing,
printer... what should I do?

Thanks for any help I can get.
--
Jad

=?Utf-8?B?amFk?=

I set up a workgroup but I think I have a firewall problem. I think I know
how to deal with that.

I'm saved for the moment and looking forward to start sharing files.

--
Jad

"jad" wrote:

> D-Link 524G Wireless router. From this Wireless router I am able to connect
> two wireless computers, one using XP Home (The desktop) and another XP Pro
> (The laptop). I am using a USB Wireless card from D-Link AirPlusG, 802.11g, 4
> 10/100 port. The laptop uses a Wireless BusCard to connect to the internet.
>
> Everything works perfectly when it comes to internet connection.
>
> Now I want the two pcs to connect with each others, for file sharing,
> printer... what should I do?
>
> Thanks for any help I can get.
> --
> Jad