Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > You may not have permission to use this resource!

You may not have permission to use this resource!

=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgQw==?=

Error Message reads: "FILENAME is not accessible. You might not have
permission to use this network resource. ...
Not enough server storage space is available to process this command."

I have a wireless connection to my laptop and hardwire connection from my
desktop to router. I have set up the network properly (I think), I have set
the file sharing pemissions, I have turned on NetBIOS over TCP/IP as
instruced in article 318030, but still cannot get access to my files. I can
print from my laptop to the printer which is connected to the desktop and I
can access SOME folders on my laptop from the desktop but cannot access
anything from laptop except the printer! HELP!

Roger C

Malke

Roger C wrote:

> Error Message reads: "FILENAME is not accessible. You might not have
> permission to use this network resource. ...
> Not enough server storage space is available to process this command."

(snip)

Credit to MVP Hans-Georg Michna:

This error indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug.
The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to, not the
machine where you see the error message. On the computer you are
attempting to connect to, check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.

Usual fix : You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize

On the computer you are attempting to connect to, Set the IRPStackSize
back to the default (15 ). Perform the following steps:

1. Start regedit.
2. Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\lanmanserver\parameters.
3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't
exist, create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
5. Reboot the computer.

Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it. There's a KB article about
this, too:

Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q17707

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers