Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > MICA modems allocation on AS5300

MICA modems allocation on AS5300

Robert Hass

Hello

I have configured AS5300 with 2xE1 (PRI) connected to our PABX. AS5300
is working as dial-in server for POS terminals. Currently AS5300 have
60 MICA modems (line 1 60) and both E1s using these modems. But I want
to have different lines configuration for each E1 (PRI).

Can I assign lines 1..30 to E1 0, and lines 31..60 to E1 1 ? (I need to
have different modemcaps for 1st E1, and for 2nd E1)

My configuration:

controller E1 0
framing NO-CRC4
clock source line primary
pri-group timeslots 1-31
!
controller E1 1
framing NO-CRC4
clock source line secondary 1
pri-group timeslots 1-31
!
!
line 1 60
exec-timeout 0 0
absolute-timeout 30
login authentication async
modem answer-timeout 0
modem InOut
modem autoconfigure type POS-DialIN
transport preferred none
transport input telnet
transport output pad telnet
escape-character BREAK
dispatch-character 4

Thanks,
Robert

Charlie Root

"Robert Hass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I have configured AS5300 with 2xE1 (PRI) connected to our PABX. AS5300
> is working as dial-in server for POS terminals. Currently AS5300 have
> 60 MICA modems (line 1 60) and both E1s using these modems. But I want
> to have different lines configuration for each E1 (PRI).
>
> Can I assign lines 1..30 to E1 0, and lines 31..60 to E1 1 ? (I need to
> have different modemcaps for 1st E1, and for 2nd E1)

You can do this by specifying different 'dialer-group' on respective
D-channels (int Serial0:15 and Serial1:15). Then for analogue calls define
two group-Asyn interfaces specifying which modems you'd like to allocate for
it and which 'dialer-group' the group-Async belongs to. See "Dial
Technologies Configuration Guide" in IOS documentation set.

Kind regards,
iLya

Aaron Leonard

Robert,

You can't directly map from a physical E1 (PRI) to a set of modem lines.
However, you CAN do what you want if the two different PRIs present
different DNIS to you. Then you can use either the older modem pooling,
or, if you have more recent IOS, the more flexible RPM feature.

Modem pooling is simpler and will suffice for your needs. Here's an
example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk80...800b4c51.shtml

In re the other followup posting - since these are character mode PoS
calls and do not use a framed protocol, configuring dialer (or any)
interfaces will be irrelevant to your setup.

Regards,

Aaron

---

~ Hello
~
~ I have configured AS5300 with 2xE1 (PRI) connected to our PABX. AS5300
~ is working as dial-in server for POS terminals. Currently AS5300 have
~ 60 MICA modems (line 1 60) and both E1s using these modems. But I want
~ to have different lines configuration for each E1 (PRI).
~
~ Can I assign lines 1..30 to E1 0, and lines 31..60 to E1 1 ? (I need to
~ have different modemcaps for 1st E1, and for 2nd E1)
~
~ My configuration:
~
~ controller E1 0