Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > What is the d/l link for vista sp1?

What is the d/l link for vista sp1?

Carlos

BChat,
I am not using anything so far because I do not intend to download SP1 until
it is finished.
Kue2 posted a question and I just guided him to a "tweak" that allows him
(or you) to download it via Windows Update, thus eliminating the risks of
downloading the full package from unsafe sources like the ones pointed out
here:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...mui-languages/
My Vista x64 is working fine and the old saying (if it ain't broke, don't
fix it) still applies here, in this far and southern region of our planet.

Carlos

"BChat" wrote:

> Are you using the free d/l link or the subscrption link?
> Or am I missing something here?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hugh,
> Follow this tutorial:
> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...indows-update/
> or this other one
> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...2-v668-online/
>
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:

BChat

Thanks Carlos,
I was interested in the process of getting the update more than the update
itself. I like ''messing'' around with things. I keep an update image of the
HD ready for restoration if needed. It is needed a lot . I have been
happy with Vista since I started beta testing last year. I will wait for the
release of SP1 through the proper channels.
BChat

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"BChat" wrote:

> Are you using the free d/l link or the subscrption link?
> Or am I missing something here?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hugh,
> Follow this tutorial:
> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...indows-update/
> or this other one
> http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...2-v668-online/
>
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:

Harry Krause

Carlos wrote:
> BChat,
> I am not using anything so far because I do not intend to download SP1 until
> it is finished.

So where is the damned thing already? :>}

Carlos

Harry,
Read Andre's post about the "normal" source.
The method I pointed is just a tweak to download it from MS update.
There are "unsafe" sources like the one I mentioned in one of my replies to
"BChat".
Want my advice?
Wait for the final release, that is what I am doing.
Carlos

Carlos wrote:
> Harry,
> Read Andre's post about the "normal" source.
> The method I pointed is just a tweak to download it from MS update.
> There are "unsafe" sources like the one I mentioned in one of my replies to
> "BChat".
> Want my advice?
> Wait for the final release, that is what I am doing.
> Carlos
>
> "Harry Krause" wrote:
>
>> Carlos wrote:
>>> BChat,
>>> I am not using anything so far because I do not intend to download SP1 until
>>> it is finished.
>>>

>> So where is the damned thing already? :>}

I'm waiting for whatever it is MS is releasing this week.

Kue2

Nope nothing as of today.....

news:(E-Mail Removed)...