Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Nested UpdatePanel with trigger in parent

Nested UpdatePanel with trigger in parent

mohaaron@gmail.com

Can anyone tell me how to get a nested UpdatePanel to update when the
trigger control is in the parent UpdatePanel and I don't want to
parent to update? I'm trying to change the Visible property of a
control in the nested UpdatePanel using a control in the parent
UpdatePanel and it's always refeshing the parent as well.

Braulio Diez

You could use in the parent "ConditionalMode" to true in both, parent and son
updatepanels, then indicate in the server side only to update the child
updatepanel.

By using this method you have to explicitly indicate by code which
updatepanel has to get updated, e.g.:

MyChildUpdatePanel.Update();

/// Braulio Diez
///