Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > -> Utility to switch between Ethernet and Wifi? <-

-> Utility to switch between Ethernet and Wifi? <-

Steve JORDI

Hi,
I have both an Ethernet cable and a WiFi on my desktop for
different purposes.

I'd like to know whether there is a Windows utility that allows
you to switch between Ethernet and Wifi with a simple click?

The utility would "Disable" the Ethernet, and "Activate" the Wifi
and vice-versa.

I currently do this manually when I need to use either Internet
connection.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Steve JORDI

(Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
1197 Prangins Email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
You can establish priority by setting the Metrics.
http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
You can write a simple bat file for ipconfig to release and renew each
connection.
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Steve JORDI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have both an Ethernet cable and a WiFi on my desktop for
> different purposes.
>
> I'd like to know whether there is a Windows utility that allows
> you to switch between Ethernet and Wifi with a simple click?
>
> The utility would "Disable" the Ethernet, and "Activate" the Wifi
> and vice-versa.
>
> I currently do this manually when I need to use either Internet
> connection.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> Sincerely,
> Steve JORDI
>
> (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
> 1197 Prangins Email: (E-Mail Removed)
> Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
> Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
> MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

Steve JORDI

Jack,

thanks for your help.
I created two .bat files: one Wifi, one Ethernet that just
do "/release" and "/renew" and it works pretty well.

Thanks again

MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com