Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > User control is GridView causing Object doesn't support this property or method exception

User control is GridView causing Object doesn't support this property or method exception

Joe

I'm trying to use my UserControl as a TemplateField in a GridView but I'm
getting the exception:
"Object doesn't support this property or method exception".

The user control has a flash player in it. I'm thinking this might be
causing the problem but I can't really debug it to find out exactly what it
is complaining about.

Any suggestions?

-Joe

Larry Bud

On Dec 9, 7:30 pm, "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm trying to use my UserControl as a TemplateField in a GridView but I'm
> getting the exception:
> "Object doesn't support this property or method exception".
>
> The user control has a flash player in it. I'm thinking this might be
> causing the problem but I can't really debug it to find out exactly what it
> is complaining about.

A flash player is client side, not server side.

Do you mean that you've put your user control IN a templatefield?

Joe

Yes. I have my user control which has an object tag for the flash player.
I'm using the user control in a template field:
<ItemTemplate>
<user:MyControl/>
</ItemTemplate>

"Larry Bud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Dec 9, 7:30 pm, "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I'm trying to use my UserControl as a TemplateField in a GridView but I'm
>> getting the exception:
>> "Object doesn't support this property or method exception".
>>
>> The user control has a flash player in it. I'm thinking this might be
>> causing the problem but I can't really debug it to find out exactly what
>> it
>> is complaining about.

> A flash player is client side, not server side.
>
> Do you mean that you've put your user control IN a templatefield?

Joe

Well I sort of have it working now. I had a script to update the movie and
it seems there may have been some type of a conflict.

news:ugJ%(E-Mail Removed)...