Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > need administrator...but no administrator

need administrator...but no administrator

century.dave

I created a new user but forgot to add member to admin. I changed computer
to a new WORKGROUP and restarted computer. Now I can only log on as new
user without admin priveleges and cannot restore because I don't have admin
priveleges. Because there is only one user in this WORKGROUP, there is no
admin. and I can't log on to a different WORKGROUP.

WHAT TO DO?

Mike Douglas

Try this link. It shows you how to enable the real admin account and log in
as the real admin and add your newly created account to admin group.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...unt.html?ltr=A

Mike D

"century.dave" wrote:

> I created a new user but forgot to add member to admin. I changed computer
> to a new WORKGROUP and restarted computer. Now I can only log on as new
> user without admin priveleges and cannot restore because I don't have admin
> priveleges. Because there is only one user in this WORKGROUP, there is no
> admin. and I can't log on to a different WORKGROUP.
>
> WHAT TO DO?

Carlos

And this other tutorial
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx