Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE7 hangs randomly

IE7 hangs randomly

RaY

Hi.

For no apparent reason ie7 keeps randomly hanging.

The error msg:
szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 7.0.6000.16544 szModName :
hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

I've googled this but most results are not in English.
I have tried reinstalling but no change.

Has anyone else experienced this and resolved the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Running xp pro. sp2.
duel core 3 ghz
1500 mb Ram

wisdomkiller & pain

RaY wrote:

> Hi.
>
> For no apparent reason ie7 keeps randomly hanging.

Nothing new at all.

> The error msg:
> szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 7.0.6000.16544 szModName :
> hungapp
> szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

IE7 still appears to be a single-threaded application. In fact, it will not
be possible to click anywhere while it's waiting for a reply from a site.
Notice this everytime when - at w0rkplace with a proxy - that one isn't
setup correctly. I have to press the stop button to be able to go to
internet options and set the proxy. Then, when clicking for a refresh of
the site, it still displays "interrupted". Most of the times it is
necessary to close IE and restart it. Damn bad design.
While, with firefox, I can select all the menu and connection settings and
do what must be done, and afterwards it will work.

> Has anyone else experienced this and resolved the problem.

Use a better browser. You may as well search the "programs" section of IE
properties, for stale/suspicious activeX plugins or others, and try to
disable one or the other.

> Running xp pro. sp2.
> duel core 3 ghz

Ah ... maybe the reason for your problems is the cores are duelling )

Jim S

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 18:46:30 +0000, RaY wrote:

> Hi.
>
> For no apparent reason ie7 keeps randomly hanging.
>
> The error msg:
> szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 7.0.6000.16544 szModName :
> hungapp
> szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
>
> I've googled this but most results are not in English.
> I have tried reinstalling but no change.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this and resolved the problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Running xp pro. sp2.
> duel core 3 ghz
> 1500 mb Ram

Using a similar setup to yours I have a similar problem.
It certainly happens if too many tabs are opened at once.
Most of the time I use Firefox, partly because it's almost bulletproof and
partly because of the silly toolbars in IE7.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

chuckcar

wisdomkiller & pain <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> IE7 still appears to be a single-threaded application. In fact, it
> will not be possible to click anywhere while it's waiting for a reply
> from a site. Notice this everytime when - at w0rkplace with a proxy -
> that one isn't setup correctly. I have to press the stop button to be
> able to go to internet options and set the proxy. Then, when clicking
> for a refresh of the site, it still displays "interrupted". Most of
> the times it is necessary to close IE and restart it. Damn bad design.
> While, with firefox, I can select all the menu and connection settings
> and do what must be done, and afterwards it will work.

You're kidding! what a piece of junk.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )