Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google Image Page

Google Image Page

tbrummel@bex.net

Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct issue?

Mike Easter

> Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct issue?

You should compose your message body using complete sentences.

What is 'Google's Image page'? Paste a link.

--
Mike Easter

TJ

"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:13llf1ssg03qv15
@corp.supernews.com:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct issue?

> You should compose your message body using complete sentences.
>
> What is 'Google's Image page'? Paste a link.

I'm assuming he means the link to Google's image search function that
appears as (of all things) 'Images' near the top of www.google.com along
with 'Maps' 'News' 'Products' 'Gmail' 'More'. IOW;

http://images.google.com/imghp?tab=wi

which works just fine from here.

Mike Easter

TJ wrote:
> "Mike Easter"
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>> Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct
>>> issue?

>> You should compose your message body using complete sentences.
>>
>> What is 'Google's Image page'? Paste a link.

> I'm assuming he means the link to Google's image search function

I considered that as a possibility but neglected to mention it.

> http://images.google.com/imghp?tab=wi
>
> which works just fine from here.

I couldn't imagine how/why it wouldn't work, which is why I rejected
that/your (my initial) assumption from the outset.

There's also the factor that google's website's are often directed
according to the accessing IP, so if there is some kind of 'internet
dysfunction' then one accessing IP might have a problem with a google
page access while another does not. If the OP had been accessing from
some other country the chances of access problems for a simple
googlepage might occur, but it appears that the OP is accesing from a US
OH cablemodem, so I rejected my 2nd assumption of 'foreign' access
problem.

Now I'm working on the hypothesis that s/he didn't mean what you think
s/he meant.

--
Mike Easter

TJ

"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> TJ wrote:

>>> You should compose your message body using complete sentences.
>>>
>>> What is 'Google's Image page'? Paste a link.

>> I'm assuming he means the link to Google's image search function

> I considered that as a possibility but neglected to mention it.
>
>> http://images.google.com/imghp?tab=wi
>>
>> which works just fine from here.

> I couldn't imagine how/why it wouldn't work, which is why I rejected
> that/your (my initial) assumption from the outset.
>
> There's also the factor that google's website's are often directed
> according to the accessing IP, so if there is some kind of 'internet
> dysfunction' then one accessing IP might have a problem with a google
> page access while another does not. If the OP had been accessing from
> some other country the chances of access problems for a simple
> googlepage might occur, but it appears that the OP is accesing from a
> US OH cablemodem, so I rejected my 2nd assumption of 'foreign' access
> problem.
>
> Now I'm working on the hypothesis that s/he didn't mean what you think
> s/he meant.

Anything's possible.

I just wish more people would get back to the group and say,"Yup, that
worked", or "Nope, it didn't" or "What I was trying to say is ....".

Sadly, that doesn't happen very often. And it's too bad, because if
more people did, *everybody* could learn.

Mike Easter

TJ wrote:
> "Mike Easter"

>> There's also the factor that google's website's are often directed
>> according to the accessing IP,

That -website's- wasn't an apostrophe error, I left out a term -IPs-

eg There's also the factor that google's website's IPs are often
directed according to the accessing IP,

I hate apostrophe errors and I make them. Apostrophe error critics
don't understand that the error isn't from foolishly not understanding
what should or shouldn't have an apostrophe, it comes from touch-typing
patterns which cause some 'esses' to get apostrophized (I had to look
that one up) when they shouldn't -- not because the excess apostrophizer
actually thinks the term should have an apostrophe.

> I just wish more people would get back to the group

.... as opposed to being drive-bys.

--
Mike Easter

chuckcar

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct issue?

*No* error message/screen at all? What browser are you using? What url
do you use? does www.google.com work? (not the image part, just getting
to the website)

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )