Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless PCI card & video driver corruption

Wireless PCI card & video driver corruption

Tony M

This may sound weird, but a D-Link wireless 108Mbs PCI
card I installed in my XP desktop worked fine in a
networking capacity, but after a short while (ie 3 or 4
reboots) I found I was getting the blue screen of death
with my mVidea driver cited as the problem on startup and
it would take me several attempts to get the system back
up.

I believed this to be completely unrelated issue to the
wireless network until I subsequently tried the card out
in another IBM desktop running WinME and onboard
graphics. Sure enough after 3 or 4 boots, I started
getting graphic problems.

I had changed the card frequency channel from 6 to 11 to
match my NETGEAR WGT624 router,but can't see how that
should make any difference.

Anyone with similar problems (and preferabbly a solution),
I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tony Mercer