Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox keystroke Shorcut: Move focus to next tab - Does it exist ?

Firefox keystroke Shorcut: Move focus to next tab - Does it exist ?

Al Dykes

My workflow habits use "open all tabs" on a bookmark folder. I want
to step through all those pages with as little distraction as
possible. Right now I have to grab the mouse, look at the tab bar,
find the one that has focus and click on the one next to it, which may
be off the screen.

The online help doesn't list a keystroke that does that.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe this will sow up in some
future version of FF.

Thanks

dino

Al Dykes wrote:
> My workflow habits use "open all tabs" on a bookmark folder. I want
> to step through all those pages with as little distraction as
> possible. Right now I have to grab the mouse, look at the tab bar,
> find the one that has focus and click on the one next to it, which may
> be off the screen.
>
> The online help doesn't list a keystroke that does that.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe this will sow up in some
> future version of FF.

ctrl + Tab works for me unless I've misread your request?

Al Dykes

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
dino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Al Dykes wrote:
>> My workflow habits use "open all tabs" on a bookmark folder. I want
>> to step through all those pages with as little distraction as
>> possible. Right now I have to grab the mouse, look at the tab bar,
>> find the one that has focus and click on the one next to it, which may
>> be off the screen.
>>
>> The online help doesn't list a keystroke that does that.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe this will sow up in some
>> future version of FF.

>ctrl + Tab works for me unless I've misread your request?

That creates a new tab and goes to it.

I want to step through all the bookmarked URLS in a folder.

dino

Al Dykes wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> dino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Al Dykes wrote:
>>> My workflow habits use "open all tabs" on a bookmark folder. I want
>>> to step through all those pages with as little distraction as
>>> possible. Right now I have to grab the mouse, look at the tab bar,
>>> find the one that has focus and click on the one next to it, which may
>>> be off the screen.
>>>
>>> The online help doesn't list a keystroke that does that.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe this will sow up in some
>>> future version of FF.

>> ctrl + Tab works for me unless I've misread your request?

> That creates a new tab and goes to it.
>
> I want to step through all the bookmarked URLS in a folder.

That's not what you asked for in your OP. There you described opening
multiple tabs and then asked for a shortcut to tab through them. When
you have multiple tabs open my suggestion works or at least it does for
me....possibly I have a plugin that allows that to work?

Ed Mullen

dino wrote:
> Al Dykes wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> dino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> ctrl + Tab works for me unless I've misread your request?

>> That creates a new tab and goes to it.
>> I want to step through all the bookmarked URLS in a folder.

> That's not what you asked for in your OP. There you described opening
> multiple tabs and then asked for a shortcut to tab through them. When
> you have multiple tabs open my suggestion works or at least it does for
> me....possibly I have a plugin that allows that to work?

Also, CTRL+PGUP and CTRL+PGDN steps through the open tabs.

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard

There they are.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Al Dykes

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>dino wrote:
>> Al Dykes wrote:

>>> That creates a new tab and goes to it.
>>> I want to step through all the bookmarked URLS in a folder.

>> That's not what you asked for in your OP. There you described opening
>> multiple tabs and then asked for a shortcut to tab through them. When
>> you have multiple tabs open my suggestion works or at least it does for
>> me....possibly I have a plugin that allows that to work?

>Also, CTRL+PGUP and CTRL+PGDN steps through the open tabs.
>
>http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard
>
>There they are.

TNX. That is what I want.

They are not listed on the shortcuts page in FF's help command.

Ed Mullen

Al Dykes wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> dino wrote:

>>> That's not what you asked for in your OP. There you described opening
>>> multiple tabs and then asked for a shortcut to tab through them. When
>>> you have multiple tabs open my suggestion works or at least it does for
>>> me....possibly I have a plugin that allows that to work?

>> Also, CTRL+PGUP and CTRL+PGDN steps through the open tabs.
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard
>>
>> There they are.

> TNX. That is what I want.
>
> They are not listed on the shortcuts page in FF's help command.

Ok. Still, take a little initiative and search. It took me all of about
20 seconds to find that page.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

how to move focus on next dynamic (uncheked) checkbox element afteronclick event bokswagen@gmail.com Javascript 8 12-04-2008 05:54 PM
How do I move from tab to tab? Bobby Firefox 11 12-21-2005 03:04 PM
TAB / MOVE FOCUS Jay Villa ASP General 2 08-22-2005 04:42 PM
Move focus to next element mcanedo Javascript 6 11-18-2004 01:37 AM
how do you set focus to next control on controls with autopostback so you don't have to hit tab twice? Mad Scientist Jr ASP .Net 2 06-29-2004 01:28 PM

Advertisments