Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DHCP problem

DHCP problem

terry jenkins

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite Pro running Windows XP. I had it running as
'Administrator' with no other users set up and all was running well. I
decided to add a couple of user accounts to the system which I did but now
it takes 6 or 7 minutes to boot up.
It's broken my wireless link to my Linksys access point, it keeps 'looking
for a connection' and although it's showing the access point as being
connected (the name shows up and signal strength is exellent) but I can't
call up the access point config page and can't access the internet.

I've tried troubleshooting with Msconfig and the culprit seems to be the
'DHCP service' when I uncheck it's box boot times are back to under a
minute, if I turn it back on then boot times increase to about 7 minutes.

How can I fix this?